Tuition & Fees
Loans & Eligibility
How to Apply
Managing Your Finances
Extra Help for Current Students
Contact the Office of Financial Aid
Take the Next Step
The majority of students who enroll at the University of Michigan Medical School apply for financial aid.
The 2024-25 FAFSA release date has been delayed; it will not be available until sometime in December. See the Department of Education’s website for details.
U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application for Entering and Prospective Students (coming soon).
U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application for Continuing Students.
New for 24-25
The financial aid application for continuing students will be available sometime in March and is now .pdf that can be completed and uploaded directly to your Wolverine Access account. Please note that due to the elimination of parental data on FAFSA, parental information will now be requested on the UMMS Continuing Student financial aid application, if you are interested in an LDS loan only.
Still need to apply for Winter or Spring-Summer 2024?
Please be sure to submit the 23-24 U-M Medical School Financial Aid Application in addition to your 2023-24 FAFSA.
Newly admitted students should review their specific financial aid deadlines.
Continuing (current) students must submit both the FAFSA and UMMS applications by May 1 2024 to be eligible for financial aid. If we need any supplemental materials from you after that, we’ll let you know.
Private scholarships and loans will have their own applications and deadlines, so be sure to make note of those as you research other options.
Applications for financial aid will need to be submitted each year.
Details to note about financial aid at the University of Michigan Medical School:
1. Parental information must be included on the UMMS Financial Aid Application for any financial aid options available through the School. Parental information is not needed if you are applying only for the William D. Ford Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan and/or the Grad PLUS Loan.
2. The federal school code for the University of Michigan Medical School is E00398. Be sure to list this code on your FAFSA so that our office will receive a set of official results from your application.
A quick checklist before you start the two financial aid applications:
- Be sure that federal income tax forms for the appropriate year (2022 taxes for 2024-2025 FAFSA) have been completed for you (and your spouse, if you are married).
- Complete the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you do your FAFSA.
- If you can’t provide parent information due to special circumstances, please contact us immediately so we can help you complete the application on time.
- Sign up for your Federal Student Aid ID. This will allow you to electronically sign your application and make any updates to your application later.